Tuesday, February 01, 2005

No On Gonzales

The full senate is poised to vote on Alberto Gonzales today. A vote for Gonzales is, quite simply a vote for torture. I have gotten behind in my blogging and while I have posted often on the issue of torture I did not keep up on the Gonzales vote; my apologies. Other Bloggers have been keeping up on the issue, check out the daily KOS:

As the prime legal architect for the policy of torture adopted by the Bush Administration, Gonzales's advice led directly to the abandonment of longstanding federal laws, the Geneva Conventions, and the United States Constitution itself. Our country, in following Gonzales's legal opinions, has forsaken its commitment to human rights and the rule of law and shamed itself before the world with our conduct at Guantanamo Bay and Abu Ghraib. The United States, a nation founded on respect for law and human rights, should not have as its Attorney General the architect of the law's undoing.

For my part, my family has written both of our senators. Please do the same.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home